The European Semiconductor Laser Workshop (ESLW) 2018 has been held in Bari, Italy, on September 21st and 22nd, 2018 just before the 44rd European Conference and Exhibition on Optical Communication (ECOC-2018, September 23rd and 27th in Rome, Italy).
The workshop has been jointly organized by Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, Politecnico of Torino and the Department of Physics, Politecnico ed Università degli Studi di Bari.
The ESLW 2018 aimed at providing a great although informal opportunity to share the most recent experimental and theoretical research results in the field of semiconductor lasers and related devices. Following a long tradition since 1978, the workshop was arranged in the form of invited talks selected by an international program committee and contributed presentations. A short poster session was also previewed.
The topics of the workshop include (in random order), but are not limited to:
- Dynamical phenomena in semiconductor lasers (feedback, optical injection, etc..)
- Short wavelengths lasers (UV, violet, blue, green, red lasers, frequency doubled lasers)
- Long wavelengths lasers (quantum cascade lasers, interband cascade lasers)
- Photonic crystal semiconductor lasers, nanoscale semiconductor lasers
- All-optical processing using semiconductor lasers and amplifiers
- Novel material systems, structures, and technologies
- Short pulse lasers and mode-locked lasers
- Semiconductor laser comb generation
- Optical millimeter wave generation
- Semiconductor optical amplifiers
- Lasers for telecommunication
- Laser physics and modelling
- Photonic integrated circuits
- Laser integrated devices
- Surface emitting lasers
- High power lasers
- High-speed lasers
- Lasers on silicon